Dr. Mark Kwon DMD general dentist Dental Implant Solution
Dr. Mark Kwon, General Dentist, Owner
- Dedicated to provide dental implant solutions for over 25 years
- Doctor of Dental Medicine - University of British Columbia, 1997
- Innova Life Crop: 3-day surgical prosthetic course, U of Toronto, Dr. Deporter - 1999
- Dental Implant Institute, Indianapolis : Clinical participation seminars : symphysis grafting, sinus lifting, PRP techniques - with Dr. Craig Cooper, (2002)
- Misch International Implant Institute: Bio Horizons, Session 1,2, and 3 Surgical Program (2003-2004)
- Advanced Bone Grafting Cadaver course (Nobel Biocare) : with Dr. Zosky and Dr. Clokie (2004)
- Founder of BITES Institute (Since 2005) : An institute designed to teach fellow dentists the surgical and prosthetic aspects of implant dentistry.
- Lectured for Vancouver Dental District Society (summer of 2008)
- Main lecturer for Nobel Biocare Prosthetic, Cadaver, 'All-on-4' courses(2009 to 2010)
- Lectured for Thomson Okanagan Dental Society BC Canada(Fall 2010)
- Lectured for Vancouver Dental District Society (Winter of 2010)
- Advanced Prosthetic Course in Halifax (Spring 2011)
- Lectured for the Chinese Dental Group in Guilin & Hangzhou China (Spring 2011)
- Lectured for Congresso Maxilofacial in Guadalajara, Mexico (Spring 2012)
- Lectured for Thomson Okanagan Dental Society BC Canada(Fall 2012)
- Lectured Sinus Elevation using CASK & LASK in Calgary, Alberta (Fall 2012)
- Lectured Immediate Implant Solution in Edmonton, Alberta (Fall 2013)
- Lectured Platelet Rich Fibrin in Toronto, Ontario (Fall 2014)
- Lectured Immediate Implant Solution in Edmonton, Alberta (Fall 2014)
- Lectured for Osstem World Meeting in LA, USA (Spring 2015)
- Lectured Immediate Anterior Placement in Toronto, Ontario (Spring 2015)
- Live Demo Surgery at Pacific Dental Conference (Spring 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, & 2017)
- Live Demo Surgery at Vancouver Dental District Society Meeting(Winter 2015)
- Lectured for Niagara Peninsula Dental Association in Niagara Falls, Ontario (Fall 2016)
- Lectured for Osstem World Meeting in Shenzhen, China (Spring 2017)
- Lectured for Megagen Dental seminars (2019~)
Dr. Kwon believes in giving back to the dentistry community. He established the BITES Institute, an Implant Training Institute that focuses on providing surgical and prosthetic training courses and monthly study clubs to support general dentists' on-going needs in the field of implant dentistry.
Chrysalis Dental Centre gives Award to UBC Dentistry Students every year. Since 2015, UBC Dean's Night awarded scholarship be half of BITES institute and Chrysalis Dental centre. (Steven Schadinger is receiving the Chrysalis Award from Dr. Charles Shuler(Dean of UBC Dentistry) in 2016)
And in 2010, he also donated $250,000 to the Faculty of Dentistry of University of British Columbia for renovating the student lounge.
Watch Dr. Kwon's interview at Wellness Hour about benefits of dental implants including 'Teeth in a Day'.